Sunday, September 30:
Linda Wells — Linda, a native Texas artist, will talk about her 6′ x 10′ murals for a school built in Tanzania. Linda will demo how she integrates different source materials into a single work. She has had a long and varied career in art and related fields, and has won numerous awards with various art organizations in Texas.
Linda served APS as our non-juried show chair and the chair for the Bunkhouse Gallery and its shows over the years.
A love of nature’s beauty is what inspires Linda to paint. The subtle colors and light of winter, or the vibrant screaming reds of autumn with the turkey and deer running through the countryside, are a thrill to paint.
- October 28 — Annual Paint-Around: A few member artists will contribute to a few paintings for this demo. Afterward, an auction will be held that benefits the APS Scholarship Fund.
- November 2018 — No meeting
- Early December — Holiday Party
- January 27, 2019 — Nancy Lilly demo
- February 24, 2019 — Bob Douglass demo
- March 2019 — Program featuring the 2019 Exhibit Judge
- April 26, 2019 — To be announced
- May 2019 — To be announced
- June 23, 2019 — Garage Sale.
Recent Demonstrations and Pastel Talks
Sunday, May 27, 2018
A presentation by Annie Winsett, on social media.
You can grow your base of supporters, engage with them for feedback and show galleries or art event organizations that you mean business. Annie can help define which Social Media outlets will best serve our creative endeavors and how to maintain a profitable presence.
Sunday, April 22, 2018
A Conversation with Mike Etie. Mike, is one of APS’s founding members, talked and demo’ed on his painting journeys and how it has changed his life and the lives of others. He also spoke about the importance of painting from life and how to use technology in the process.
Sunday, March 2, 2018
Margaret Dyer demonstrated her art techniques for “Figure in Pastels.”
Sunday, February 25, 2018
Jeri Salter, well known Texas artist, revealed to us how she creates her evocative landscapes in the tradition of Frank Reaugh.
Sunday, January 28, 2018
Rita Kirkman, well known New Braunfels artist, showed us her wonderful way of underpainting, which gives her work such luminosity.