The APS Annual Juried Member Exhibition prospectus is here! The form will be available for submissions on November 15. Plan to attend and show your support for our APS annual exhibition!
Enid Wood and Julie Schmidt worked with Melissa Kotszev at the Austin Fine Art Gallery to coordinate details for our 2020 AJME show, with exhibit dates of March 7 – April 30, 2020!
Here are a few highlights:
- Jeanne Rosier Smith will be our juror/judge and workshop instructor
- Pay $45 to submit up to three pastel paintings
- Call for Entries: Friday, November 15, 2019
- Final day for entry submission: Friday, January 31, 2020
- Painting drop-off: Thursday thru Saturday, February 27 – 29, 2020
- Strike date: Thursday, April 30, 2020
Painting Pick-up: April 30 – May 2, 2020
- Reception and Awards Ceremony: Sunday, March 15, 2020
- 1:30 – 2:00 pm Awards Ceremony (artists & guests)
- 2 – 4 pm (artists, invitees & public)
- Frames and mats:
- Maximum 45-inches in either direction, inclusive of frame
- No sawtooth hangers, no colored mats or frames, no metal frames
- Wood frames only, with or without neutral mats, hung with picture wire and D-rings.
Members will be welcome to download a flyer and /or Postcard to print and mail and/or a version suitable for email to your mailing list. Edit the Word document version to suit your needs, copy/paste into your email, etc.
Jeanne grew up in Maryland, studied English and French at Georgetown University, and went on to earn a Ph.D. in English at Tufts. From the age of fourteen, she’s also been an artist, taking painting classes in college and painting whenever she could. After teaching college English for ten years, Jeanne decided to switch to a full-time career in art in 2005. She teaches workshops around the country and internationally, and devotes most of her time to painting in pastel. She is best known for her seascapes, and also works in landscape, still life and portrait.
Recently Jeanne served as educational consultant to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston for their popular 19th Century French Pastels exhibit, where she also presented gallery talks and painting demonstrations last year. Jeanne has won numerous top awards, including first place in Pastel Journal magazine’s 2019 Top 100 landscape competition, an honor she also took in 2017. She is a Master Artist with the Copley Society, a signature member of the Pastel Society of America and the American Society of Marine Artists, an IAPS Master’s Circle Member, and a member of NewYork’s Salmagundi Club. Jeanne has exhibited work in museums nationwide and her work is in collections on five continents.
Jeanne was featured in the August 2018 Pastel Journal, for which she has also been a regular contributor. She will be Artist in Residence at the Cape Ann Museum in Gloucester, MA in September, 2019. She has a signature set of Seascape pastels with Terry Ludwig Pastels, and Richeson Pastels has just come out with a signature Land and Sea set of 80 pastels chosen by Jeanne. Jeanne offers workshops in her Sudbury, MA pastel studio, across the US and in Europe.