The APS Fall Exhibition is now open for viewing! APS will hold two non-juried exhibitions this fiscal year for our members.
People’s Choice Award Winners:
Best of Show: Oma by Wendy Layne
2nd Place: Elm Reflections by Tom Beasley
3rd Place: Ebbing Away by Richard Banh
Merit: Wild Wave by Maribel Mast
Merit: Sunshine by Jody Martin
Merit: Pink Sunset by Robin Lively
Merit: Gunnison Valley by Bob Douglass
Dates to remember:
- October 24: Voting was open to members and the public for one day.
- October 25: Awards were presented during our general meeting.
- December 21: Strike date (show goes off-line that afternoon, and will be archived in the APS Flickr album).
- Seven prizes awarded to the top-voted paintings
- Entries and awards for this non-juried show have no bearing on our 2021 juried exhibition entries and awards.
- No commission on sales.
- Purchase requests are forwarded via email to the artist. After a sale, a Red Dot is placed on the artwork image. The artist and buyer coordinate the sale.
- Paintings can be viewed in the comfort of one’s home, as often as desired.
The APS Fall Show at
Lost Pines Art Center (LPAC)
September and October 2019 was a great success!
Pastels in the Pines, the APS fall show at the Lost Pines Art Center in Bastrop included 30+ artists who submitted works to this show. It looked wonderful.
Our participating artists included some long-time and new members as well, and some who are new to having work in a show.
The public reception was September 7, with live music, refreshments, and, of course, great art.
More Previous Events:
Austin Art and Frame presented “Blend: Bringing Pastels to Light”
March 10 – May 2, 2019 at 2805 Bee Cave Road, Ste 430, Austin, TX 78746
Website: https://www.artframingservices.com. This show featured 22 pastel artists, of Austin Pastel Society.