APS will hold two non-juried exhibitions this fiscal year for our members.
APS Members’ Online Exhibition Fall 2020
Exhibition dates: October 1 through December 21, 2020
— Open for Entry: Thursday, August 13, 2020
— Entry final date: Sunday, September 13, 2020
— Seven prizes awarded to the top-voted paintings.
View or download: Prospectus
- Minimum 80% soft / hard pastel;
- No restriction on painting size;
- Include artwork price or Not For Sale;
- Paintings may not be abstracts or nudes, per APS guidelines;
- Artists may include a self-portrait image, bio and website link.
- Entries and awards for this non-juried show have no bearing on our 2021 juried exhibition entries and awards.
- The Prospectus has more complete details.
Details about the online platform using Fine Art Studio Online:
- FASO comes with powerful marketing tools to promote your art and our exhibit to over 45,000 collectors.
- FASO, will promote our APS Exhibitions website through a special edition of the Informed Collector newsletter called “New FASO Member Artists.” This reaches over 45,000 collectors, gallery owners and art enthusiasts.
- FASO will feature our show’s artwork in the Informed Collector Exhibit This newsletter reaches over 40,000 art collectors and lovers to help them find upcoming exhibits.
- Our exhibit will be featured in an interactive exhibit portal [https://my.faso.com/boldbrush/exhibits]. This helps collectors find exhibits per state and month. Each newsletter has links to this portal so our upcoming exhibit is automatically promoted to a wide audience.
- Small fee of $10 to submit up to three (3) pastel paintings.
- No commission on sales.
- Purchase requests are forwarded via email to the artist. After a sale, a Red Dot is placed on the artwork image. The artist and buyer coordinate the sale.
Dates to remember:
- Thursday, August 13: Call for Entries – First date to submit entry and images
- Sunday, September 13 at 11:59 pm – Final date to submit entry and images
- October 1: Exhibit is open to the public.
- October 24, all day: Voting is open to members and the public for one day.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place and four Merit Awards will be awarded based on votes.
- October 25: Awards will be presented during our general “virtual” meeting.
- December 21: Strike date (show goes off-line, and will be archived on the APS Flickr album).
Thank you for considering this new platform for Austin Pastel Society. We look forward to seeing all APS members being represented during this show!
Chairperson: Cecile C. Ramirez
Co-Chairperson: Geneva Johnson
A few benefits to this online platform vs live:
- No restriction on painting size
- Framed and unframed paintings can be submitted
- No commission fee on sales
- Paintings can be viewed in the comfort of one’s home, as often as desired.
The APS Fall Show at
Lost Pines Art Center (LPAC)
September and October 2019 was a great success!
Pastels in the Pines, the APS fall show at the Lost Pines Art Center in Bastrop included 30+ artists who submitted works to this show. It looked wonderful.
Our participating artists included some long-time and new members as well, and some who are new to having work in a show.
The public reception was September 7, with live music, refreshments, and, of course, great art.
More Previous Events:
Austin Art and Frame presented “Blend: Bringing Pastels to Light”
March 10 – May 2, 2019 at 2805 Bee Cave Road, Ste 430, Austin, TX 78746
Website: https://www.artframingservices.com. This show featured 22 pastel artists, of Austin Pastel Society.