APS Fall Show at
Lost Pines Art Center (LPAC)
September and October 2019
Bastrop, TX 1204 Chestnut Street, Bastrop, TX 78602
Contact: Maribel Mast
The Lost Pines Art Center is a lovely facility in historic downtown Bastrop. The Art Center houses several art galleries, shops and studios, classroom space, and an in-house bakery. Hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm.
If you would like to exhibit and have not notified Maribel Mast, please do. Currently, 29 members have expressed interest in showing their work.
- No fee to participate
- Artwork will be exhibited for 2 months
Please submit one painting (or two smaller ones) for the exhibit. There is space for about 30 paintings and we want each artist who submits a painting to have one in the exhibit.
- Monday, August 19 – Deadline for digital image submissions to Maribel Mast
- Tuesday, August 27 – Paintings drop off at Lost Pines Art Center from 10 – 2
- Saturday, September 7 – Show Reception on Saturday, 6 pm – 8 pm
- First Saturday, Art After Dark, with live music and refreshments
- Wednesday, October 30 – Strike Date and pick up your painting(s)
Lost Pines Art Center will hang the paintings. If there are more paintings than space, LPAC will determine which ones to hang. Information must include:
- title of artwork
- artist’s name
- price of artwork, or Not For Sale (NFS)
- dimensions of artwork, framed
- digital image at 2,000 pixels each side, or larger.
Send the digital image and information to Maribel Mast, preferably by August 1, but no later than August 19.
LPAC will select images sent early in August for promotion of the show. The images will also help the committee hanging the paintings in their planning.
Make sure your 2019-2020 APS dues are paid! And please remember, nudes and abstracts are not accepted per APS guidelines.
Artwork sales are handled by LPAC. There is a 40% commission. Artists are encouraged to provide business cards to display on an entrance table.
Questions? Please contact Maribel Mast. Thank you!
Austin Art and Frame presented “Blend: Bringing Pastels to Light”
March 10 – May 2, 2019 at 2805 Bee Cave Road, Ste 430, Austin, TX 78746
Website: https://www.artframingservices.com. This show featured 22 pastel artists, of Austin Pastel Society.