Karen Margulis, PSA, IAPS-MC
Spring 2021 Workshop
Expressive Pastels: How to Paint with More Expression!
ONLY registration for 8 seats for wait-list being taken now.
Workshop: Saturday & Sunday, March 6 & 7, 2021
Demonstration: Friday, March 5, 2021
- Each session includes a lesson, a complete demo and an assignment.
- You can complete all three sessions in one day, but you do have some flexibility since the videos are prerecorded.
- The final feedback video will be recorded and shared one week from the workshop start date. You will have until midweek to submit your paintings for feedback.
You will receive by mail a workshop packet that includes a handbook and a goody bag of visual aids. These are the items I share during my in-person workshops and I wouldn’t want my online artists to miss out!
- You will have access to a private workshop blog that includes workshop details, bonus handouts as well as a place to share your work and communicate with your fellow artists.
- You will have access to me by email for the week in-between workshop release and feedback video.
- I will be available to answer questions, and to look at and discuss your assignment paintings.
- You don’t have to worry about your time zone or with potential glitches with the technology of being live.
- You can watch and do your assignment paintings at your leisure within the confines of a few days rather than painting in real time.
- The quality of the video is better! We also have a week together rather than just a few hours! I am here for you all week long!
Jeanne Rosier Smith Workshop March 2020Jeanne has won numerous top awards, has exhibited work in museums nationwide and her work is in collections on five continents. Workshop attendees learned to create the illusion of crashing waves in pastel, to go beyond the flat blues of photographs to enliven a seascape with the colors in your memory.
|Jen Evenhus Workshop, March 4-5, 2019
Master Pastelist Jen Evenhus kicks perfection out the window, giving students permission to experiment with pastel to create bold expressive works of art as we step fearlessly toward the unknown.
|Margaret Dyer Workshop, March 4-5, 2018
Margaret Dyer gave a workshop on her technique for figures in pastel. She teaches a simple step-by-step method. Working with live models, they explored drawing, composition, anatomy, proportion, value, color, and pastel application. Emphasis was on developing form using light and shadow.
|Stephanie Birdsall Workshop, March 2-5, 2017
Stephanie Birdsall is a “Putney Painter”, founded by Richard Schmid and Nancy Guzik, painting with them for the last 10 years. She is a Master Pastelist with PSA and IAPS. She received more than 50 awards, has been featured in numerous publications, and on PBS.